Want to set up online sponsorship so it is quick and easy for you to fundraise and the cash goes straight to us?
We recommend either JustGiving or Virgin Moneygiving.
JustGiving - Set Up Guide:
It is quick and easy to set up a Fundraising Page for the South East Cancer Help Centre. .
Just follow the steps below to create your page for a charity:
2. When asked 'Are you fundraising for a registered charity?', select 'Yes, continue'.
3. Search for South East Cancer Help Centre.
4. Chose which event or campaign you are raising money for.
5. If you can't see your event listed, select ‘Add your own’ at the bottom of the page and tell us a bit more about your activity.
6. Choose your web address – this is the link you’ll be sharing with friends and family when asking them to donate.
7. Tick 'Yes' if you're running a bake sale, or selling tickets to an event, raffle or auction. Donations to your Page won't be eligible for Gift Aid. Find out more here.
8. Click ‘Create your page’.
9. Make sure you inform us (via our Contact us form) that you are fundraising so that we can support your efforts.
10. Share your JustGiving Page with all your friends, family and collegues. Make sure to share in advance and on the day of the event too!
Virgin Moneygiving Set Up Guide:
1. Go to virginmoneygiving.com
Visit the Virgin Money Giving sign-in page and enter a few simple details such as your name, address, a password and your contact preferences.
2. Select the best fundraising option for you.
You’ll then need to select the option that’s relevant to you:
- Start your own fundraising challenge - Choose this option to promote your own challenge.
- Change the world in honour of someone special - Choose this option to help share a challenge in memory of a loved one; we’ll ask you to enter their name and your relationship to them.
- Change the world as a team - Choose this option to promote a team challenge; we’ll ask you your team name and teammates’ email addresses so we can find them on our database. If they’re not registered with us already then you’ll need to add their names too – you’ll then be able to see a list of teammates as you add them one by one.
3. Tell us why you’re fundraising.
We’ll then direct you to your very own, brand new fundraising challenge page! Here, you’ll be able to enter a short description of what you’re doing to raise money – whether you’re joining in a big event, doing your own thing or celebrating something special – and the date or deadline you’re doing this by.
4. Select your charities.
On the next page we’ll invite you to enter up to five charities for which you’re planning to fundraise. To make it easier for you, as you type, suggested charities will appear on the page. And as you select each charity they will appear under a ‘Your selected charities’ section at the bottom of the page. You’ll then be given the option to confirm if you would like us to ask your chosen charities to contact you directly with ideas for support – you’re completely in control.
5. Finalise your fundraising page.
At the bottom of the page click ‘Create my page’, and that’s it – your fundraising page is now live. Congratulations, you’re now an online fundraiser!
Of course, having your own Virgin Money Giving fundraising page is just the start – you’ll also want to drive people to it, engage them with your cause and persuade them to donate to it. Check out How to make your Virgin Money Giving page brilliant to make sure your fundraising page works as hard for you as you do for your charity.